Friday, February 19, 2010

overwhelmed

Okay, so at this moment I am feeling abit overwhelmed with life. I feel guilty for feeling this way because I am so lucky that i have such a wonderful family, we are healthy, my husband has a job, we have a roof over our heads and food on the table. So I thank God for all of the blessings that we have and I do not take any of those things for granted but it seems like everything else is a mess. I feel that I am juggling so many things right now and because of that, I am unable to do any one thing well. I was doing pretty good at keeping up with school work, housework and life in general and then my husband had to let his secretary go and I agreed to take on that position. I had already started doing food photography for him, which I really enjoy and have only had to do a few shoots, which I can handle. Now I am handling all the billing and accounting. I know that once I get the hang of things, it will go alot more smoothly, but right now it seems like doing work for him has taken over everything. Throw in with that my daughter has been sick with a sinus infection for 3 weeks now. We have gotten very little school work done, we have a new puppy who as I speak is now peeing in the floor beside me...arrrgghh...hold on I'll be right back............okay I'm back and then there is housework. let's just say that has been at the very bottom of my list. It looks like a tornado went through. What really gets me is that Monday was such a good day, we did a full day of school. I was able to get some housework done, my daughter was starting to get better and then I go to bed and wake up Tuesday and BAM...the bottom falls out. My husband was leaving on a trip that morning, which threw off our morning schedule and then he tosses a bunch of work at me before he walks out the door and it was just a snowball after that. Then I notice on my daughters legs was a huge bump that had started to turn red and get pus (gross I know) so after trying to put ointment on it and a warm compress by wednesday it wasn't better. I was afraid it was staph so off to the doctor we go. Luckily is wasn't staph but some skin thing i can't pronounce that should go away on its own..big relief. And since then I just have not been able to keep up. We have missed all the activities we had planned this week, which always seems to happen. I feel like if I could just pause everything else...get my house in order, because when my house is a mess it causes me to be SO stressed out, then hit the unpause button and maybe just maybe I could handle everything else that I have in front of me. I know my problem is that I am not an organized. The thing is, it seems like all I do is try to become organized and it just never happens. I organize one hot spot then move on to the next to find that what I just finished has now been destroyed. I lOVE having my kids home with me and would never go back to being without them....i just need to either learn how to relax and enjoy the moment and accept all this madness or well, I guess there is no other option :) I do know that this too shall pass and I guess I just have to learn to live with the madness. I know that one day, all too soon, the kids will be grown and my house will be empty and quiet. Then I will miss all this mess, craziness and complete disorder...but for now I will try to just take it one day at a time and hope and pray for serenity!!! Well...I guess a big part of my problem is I am spending way tooooo much time at the computer, so maybe the first step I should take is to get my bottom out of this chair and do something. Off I go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment