Monday, February 22, 2010

renewed spirit

I woke up this morning, no longer feeling over whelmed but instead renewed. I had a wonderful weekend and I was able to get alot accomplished. My husband & son went on their first camping trip together and I was able to spend some time with my daughter. On Saturday, I decided that I would not do any housework, or worry about all the things that needed to be done but instead focus on the time w/my daughter. I also decided that whatever we did, I would not spend any money...no going out to eat or shopping for a toy. So I had some great coupons for some card games, so we went to Target and bought 5 different card games and with the coupons and some extra money I had on a gift card, I was able to buy the games and a bottle of pink nail polish. All for less than $5 (so I did spend money, but it was on a gift card...so that doesn't really count, right??) So we came home, played games, took the doggies for a walk, and gave ourselves manicures and stayed up late watching TV. We had a ball and I think it was just what I needed. So on Sunday, I had decided that I was going to tackle all the clutter and get my house in order for the week. I was able to get all that accomplished and it was a nice feeling to wake up to a "somewhat" clean house. I am going back to the "Fly Lady" Zone system, instead of trying to tackle everything at once and hope that keeps me from the usual "crash & burn". My hubby left this morning for California and will be gone all week, so it will be quiet around here :) which will give me a chance to keep things caught up. I am hoping to double up on school work, because we did not accomplish much at all last week and we have alot of traveling coming up over the next few months. We just found out that hubby & Dole have been invited back to the Disney Food & Wine festival at Disneyland in April, so I am very excited about that. Disneyland is my favorite. At the end of March we are going down to Miami for a food show for a few days...which has me thinking...beach...shorts...bathing suit....ughhhh...time to get serious about trying to lose a few (well alot) of pounds, nothing like waiting till the last minute :) Well, I guess it is time to get the kiddies up and moving...they are sleeping a little late this morning...but they both woke up when hubby was leaving at 4:30, so maybe I should let them sleep. I am enjoying the quiet, but I know I will pay for it tonight when they can't go to sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment