Saturday, March 6, 2010

7 Quick Takes

Good Morning...I am going to "try" and make these 7 "really" quick takes because we have to leave for Basketball soon and once I start to blog, it usually isn't quick

1. My darling son is making me coffee this morning. He is so sweet and growing up too fast. I just started reading the book "Raising Real Men" by Hal & Melanie Young and it is about how to let boys be boys and how we can take all that "boy energy" and use it to make them grow to strong Christian men.

2. My sweet daughter announced yesterday that she wants to play soccer at our church. My son is playing basketball now through the Upwards program and he loves it. I am so excited for her and I am praying that she doesn't change her mind. She is very shy and has a hard time trying new things but she seems to be overcoming that more and more these days.

3. I am very tired this morning, we let the kiddos sleep in their new sleeping bags in our floor last night and of course they didn't want to go to sleep. I also let our 2 doggies stay out of their crates, so last night our room was full of 2 kids, 2 dogs & 2 cats...1 snoring hubby and 1 wide awake mommie...but at least I had plenty of time to read the above mentioned book LOL

4. speaking of the doggies..we have a new little yorkie. he is about 4 months old and then we have our lab and she is 4 years old. I am trying to train the little doggie with puppy pads that I keep out in our laundry room. So first thing in the morning I take her out there, shut the door and she does her business and then she gets a treat from me..with lots of "good boy"'s for using the pad. Well this morning as I am saying "good boy" and giving him is treat...I look over at the big lab (who of course does not use "puppy pads") and she is looking at me like" hmmm...i wonder if i go poop in the laundry room, will I get a treat???" so I may rethink my puppy training plan

5. my hubby is doing menu development tomorrow, so I get to take some food shots...very excited and but he is developing sandwiches so I won't be able to do any taste testing.

6. our little birdies are doing good..we saw the mom & dad yesterday. In our research yesterday we found out the mom & dad birds mate for life, which I thought was really sweet. It is neat to see how the parent birdies are watching from a distance and it made the kiddos feel better that the babies weren't just left behind :)

7. well...how do you end 7 quick takes really fast....2 kids fighting over 1 dog. And the day begins!!! Happy Saturday everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Howdy, partner. Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow! I am now your blog follower. It is a pleasure to meet ya and have a great weekend!

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hi, dropping by late from Friday Follow. Im in NC but dreaming of going down to Florida in a few years. :)

    ReplyDelete