Friday, March 5, 2010

Two Little Birds







yesterday the kiddos found 3 little birds...one flew away and now there are 2. After some research on the internet, we think they are Mourning Doves. The kids are really worried about them because it seems the mother has left, but I think she is just watching from a distance...and maybe once they get big enough the mother does leave them. Since one has flown away already, maybe the other 2 are just taking a little longer. So our homeschool day is going to focus around birds and their habits. We were supposed to go to a Pow Wow this morning...but yesterday the battery on my car decided to die so we are kinda stuck here...which leaves us plenty of time for bird watching. I think later we will go for a walk around the neighborhood and see what other types of birds we have living here with us.
For now, I can't get the Bob Marley song out of my head...."Three Little Birds" and the first line in the song is "Don't worry about a thing...cause every little thing is alright" which is going to be my motto for the day....(I am hoping this helps me to not stress out about my car :)

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Friday Follow! I'm a new follower! Love for you to come visit me!

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following you from FF...
    http://tatumsreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We fell in love with North Carolina few years ago when we visited some family living in Charlotte. If it weren't for our immediately family all living in Southern New England, we'd already be there.

    I'm your newest Friday follower!

    Come visit me at Mom-et-al.com

    -Maria

    /

    ReplyDelete